Welcome to Elevate Rochester
Welcome to Elevate Rochester, celebrating corporate ethics. We work with B2B companies, charities, and nonprofit organizations to promote ethical business practices by instituting The ETHIE Award, an award that honors companies who have high standards for business.
If you believe that high standards of corporate ethics drive high levels of performance for businesses and not-for-profit organizations, you’ve come to the right place.
Elevate Rochester hosts and sponsors a variety of events and programs year-round aimed at celebrating ethical business practices, including:
- Lectures, professional presentations, and events that offer important information for ethically-run businesses and organizations.
- A scholarship program for high school and undergraduate college students majoring in business.
- Ethics resources to help managers of businesses and organizations do things the right, ethical way.
- Short essays that explore new approaches to running organizations in an ethical manner.
- Other Rochester-area community events.
A key activity of the Foundation is The ETHIE Award, which has grown to be one of the premier awards of the region and is a valuable tool to recognize and promote companies who do things the “right way.” RABEF established the ETHIE Award in 2003 and to date, nearly 100 companies have engaged in the application process, leading to more than 55 finalists and close to 30 company recipients.
The ETHIE is modeled on the American Business Ethics Award, which was founded in 1994 by the National Society of Financial Service Professionals. In fact, several of Rochester’s award recipients have gone on to participate and win national recognition for corporate ethics in the ABEA competition.